View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #17
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Cross country transport

Just to add an interesting side-twist to a similar transportation story, I have a customer who had a 1930 Coupe picked-up in Florida yesterday by Roadrunner Auto Transport to be dropped off at my shop today. The transport driver arrived over an hour late after the scheduled pick-up time. I was told by the Model-A owner that the transport driver being unfamiliar with a Model-A received two separate instructions on how to start and drive a Model-A prior to loading. I spoke with the transport driver today (-a person in which English is definitely not his native tongue!!) on a couple of occasions about his estimated delivery time. During our second telephone discussion he said he would be arriving approximately an hour after our scheduled close time. The next conversation said he is saying it might be 2-3 hours after our closing time. I said that it would be better for him to deliver when we open on Thursday morning. Now he wants my permission for him to drop it off in my parking lot tonite after-hours. "It'll be ok there don't you think??" I guess all I could think of after hearing that request was 'Wow!'.

You definitely get what you pay for, ...and I also feel you definitely don't get that kind of a request from qualified Model-A transporters such as Bill, Jim, Brandon, and others here.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote