View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #247
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Harvey, like I mention above, I am not one that has the patience nor the skills to do some real fine wood work. If a person is going to do a job like build a huckster body, I assume you would want it to look "professional". So as I mentioned, I probably would not be a good person to recommend tools needed to do this kind of work because I have not done much of it.

I do have a table saw, skill saw, router, band saw, grinder, wood clamps, and a number of other hand tools. Some of these hand tools are some my Dad used years ago in his cabinet making days. Such things as planes, hand saws and other hand tools which I never learned how to use well.
I find these tools I mentioned above are adequate for the type of wood working I want to do. But if you want to do very fine wood work like you may want to put on a huckster body, you may need additional tools to help with the task. Maybe some other members of Ford Barn may have some suggestions on other tools.

BTW your pictures show some great "toys". I can see where your wife may have an idea about your character flaws. But like I tell my wife, I could be out playing golf every day and spending time and money or I can be spending time and money on my Model A's.

Good luck with your project. Hope someone else gives you some ideas as to the tools you may need.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote