View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 06:12 AM   #19
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Ford GT 2018 $1125000 BJ just now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
I had a ecoboost V6 F-150. Before I sold it, I had Livernois in Detroit tune it and upgrade the turbos. It would out run and out tow any other stock truck out there. The Ecoboost is a great engine. However, It would be cool to see Ford put the new 7.3l gas push rod motor that is in the newest super duty trucks into the GT. It handles a easy 900 HP with a supercharger, injectors and a tune. But, as we all know gas guzzlers and large cubic inches are a thing of the past. I will never experience it as I would be dreaming of a Ford GT on a Ford Mustang budget; as would 99% of the rest of the world.
This. Yes, as someone said, electric may be even faster. I’m not saying that the Ecoboost doesn’t produce power, but a V6 in any form in a GT40 is kind of like a mustache on a beauty queen. It just looks out of place.

I did some digging this AM. We all know Dodge has it figured out with their supercharged Hellcat Hemi engine, but it's also not uncommon for guys to get 900-1000 hp with twin spooled Coyote V8's.

Since this is a Ford engine, seems like it would make perfect sense to use that platform, but what the hell to do I know? I can only dream of owning a GT40.

No one said we wouldn’t take it if given, we are only saying it should have had a monster V8 in there.

Last edited by Tim Ayers; 10-27-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote