View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #10
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Ford GT 2018 $1125000 BJ just now

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Well.....POO! I don't care how 'bad-ass' that Ecoboost V6 supposedly is. And I'm certain that Ford doesn't give a rat's butt about what I think about any of this, 'cuz They surely didn't call me seeking my opinion! But if THIS frikken' Coopman were to think about spending a 'few' bucks on an exotic, "Gee-Whiz", top-of-the-line, 'go-fast', exotic, factory Super Car, it damned sure ain't gonna have no wimpy-ass-sounding, girly-man V6 in it! I mean....C'mon, Man! What the heck was Ford thinking? Going by the parameters spelled-out in my link above, it seems that Ford REALLY wanted to promote this puppy as the epitome of their bad-boy, 'go-fast' heritage, which for the past fifty-five years or so has come to infer one of Fords inherently-brutal AND 'manly' V8s. Obviously, there are a relative few folks out there with use or lose money just dying to spend it on SOMETHING that might bolster their egos, but half a $million, or even $1,125,000 on a frikken' V6-Mobile? Give me a break! And just imagine the insurance premium on that puppy every six months! Someone mentioned the term "investment" above. How's this for an 'investment'? You can still order one of The General's 2021, go-fast mid-engined 'Wonders' (with the option to re-sell it anytime you desire) that'll do well over 100+ mph FASTER than any US speed limit permits. BASE price this 2021 year for an ordered C8 Corvette will remain at $59,995 for a coupe, and only $67,495 for the convert. You could take what you saved on that Ford GT, build a gorgeous new home with a 6-bay shop on a couple of acres most anywhere here in Texas, and still have over half a million left over to buy several old V8 Fords with. V6 huh? C'mon, Man! DD

Ditto on above. I thought I recalled that was the case. Seems really sad they couldn't figure out how to put an aluminum twin turbo V8 in the GT40.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote