View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #26
Bill Cilker

Default Re: The Fine Point cars of Reno

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
John
I am not quite sure what you are asking, but I think that you are asking how cars are judged.

At a MARC or MAFCA meet that has Vehicle Judging, Model A’s are judged against the Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards. They are not judged one Model A against another. In Reno the Judges used the 1997 Guidelines. (The new 2011 Guidelines will be used at the next National Meet. This gives a restorer time to update his Model A,) If a person were to restore a Model A according to the Guidelines, his Model A would technically look like it did when it came off the assembly line.

In Vehicle Judging each vehicle starts out with 500 points and if it does not have the correct details for its year and month, it will lose points. There are 23 areas in the guidelines and they were assigned to about 12 teams of Judges. A Judging team will probably have 1 or 2 Areas to judge. Each Judging team judges the same Areas for all the cars in the Vehicle Judging. Each Area is given a certain number points (such as Area 10-Glass and Side Curtains is worth 10 points).

After all teams are done judging, the Area sheets are tallied for that vehicle and that is the overall score is arrived at.

I hope that this answers your question.
Victoria Association President
Bill Cilker is offline   Reply With Quote