Thread: Carlisle
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #9
Will N

Default Re: Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
Not necesarily, they need to follow the state's guidelines and I would imagine at some level Hershey is privately owned as well. Having said that.....

I had a friend that went to Carlisle GM this summer and he said the crowd was very light. People were well behaved and kept their distance. He said he felt safer there than at a local home depot. Good hunting and have fun to those going. Hershey IS having the Car show only next saturday. I will be there for that.

The Hershey parking lot venue is privately owned by HERCO, and large companies are risk averse and won't do anything that might expose them to liability. That is a big reason (in addition to others) the swap meet was cancelled. The Carlisle fairgrounds are owned by a family and the fairgrounds are their main concern. They have the gonads to stand up the the tin pot dictator Gov. Wolfe, who, by the way, was recently bitchslapped by a federal court that ruled that his arbitrary regulations (which are not laws) are unconstitutional. Pennsylvanians are beginning to reclaim the constitutional rights that were denied them all these months. For example, school district sports organization are ignoring rules limiting the number of people who can gather to watch games.