View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #26
Benson

Default Re: Gas Blowing Out Exhaust

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
It might just be the photo BUT ...

1. From the looks of the stain on muffler/manifold joint.

2. And the yellow/brown stain on the intake manifold it is possible that you might have OLD "Gooey-Slimy Gobberment Gasoline" in the tank which Sta-Bil does NOT correct.

Possibly the float valve, emulsion tubes and jets are all gummed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_KS View Post
Hello,

My car has a Stromburg 81 carb, gravity fed, no pump. I've had the car since memorial day and put ~200 miles on it. I'm having trouble starting it the first time each day. I have tried tried many procedures but haven't stumbled on the right one yet.

I've tried pulling the choke out for 1 crank then in while cranking all the way to leaving it out while cranking, but it doesn't start. If I put the throttle half down and crank it wont start. If I pump the pedal a time or two then crank it doesn't start.

What does work is if I crank it over once then push the throttle button to the floor. However liquid gas sprays out of the junction between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe like unscrewing a garden hose that's running. Some gas goes out the tail pipe too.

I think the issue is with the carb because I've tuned it up, new plugs, wires, timed it... I freely admit I don't understand the carb that well. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Benson; 07-25-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote