View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #5
JBill

Default Re: Rear Brake Shoe Lining Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29Cabriolet View Post
I am in the process of completing a full brake job. The front is complete; I am now working on the rear - service and emergency. I am assuming the reference to the e-brake return spring is the one I see pictured behind the backing plate in the Andrews manual. I was a bit surprised because there are none on the car now L or R. Since the e-brake was working just fine as far as I can tell, I was re-assembling without the spring just the way it was. (Somewhat of a newbie still - owned and driven the car for only just about year now)

Comments?
This would seem to fall into the "if it ain't broke" category. Seems to me, though, that without that retracting spring the e-brake might hang up a little. Although on further thought, if the e-brake handle is pushed fully forward that should disengage the brake fully. Shouldn't it? Others have any ideas?

Actually, I've never had that much trouble installing that retracting spring. It's detaching the brake rods, removing the toggle lever and assembly and all that in a place that's not all that accessible--at my age, anyway--that I'd rather avoid if I can. But if I can't, I'll just bite the bullet and do it the long way.
JBill is offline   Reply With Quote