View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #186
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there!!!

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Well I am back, got the 34 Windshield frame with glass this past Wednesday, it has been a long wait but looks like it was worth it. Don P. and I did place frame in car to make sure it would fit, looked great. I now need to clean up car windshield opening, metal prep, then light coat of black paint and I will install windshield. I DO HAVE a question? The windshield rubber seal I ordered and have is one long piece, I plan on cutting on a 45 to make corners, it looks best in car with the seal rubber flange away from new chrome frame, but is this the correct installation. (hate to cover up any of the new chrome) I have the 33/34 book but not a good photo of 34 Cabriolet windshield picture, any information appreciated. Also I have heard on forum about the black paste material to use on windshield seal, need source or name of product. I plan on installing windshield this coming week and then I can install my NEW WOODGRAIN trim!!!!!
Ordered from Joe's Antique Auto parts, made by Tom Trautwein

Also Don P. fixed my drivers side window regulator, works a lot better now.

Rubber seal for windshield???

Also have my correct top pieces to hold top down, will have to install on the bow of top, it was missing the hold downs, had home made window clamps.
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote