View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 04:59 PM   #12
Bruce

Default Re: HELP: 30 Station Wagon Owners

RAS,
Your corner iron looks to be a piece of angle iron. Henry's version is a bit more elegant. It has a bulge at the bottom corner that tapers up. Also, the corners at the top should be rounded and the top edge is rounded, also.
When we restored our early '30 Wagon, we "visited" three Henry winners that were within a couple hundred miles of home. We also joined Woody Wagons, which is a special interest group of MARC. Their newsletter is top notch and about 40 lbs of back issues are available for purchase. That includes most of the original drawings of the wood. It made doing a "correct" restoration a whole lot easier.
The easiest car to take pictures of is at the MAFFI Model A Ford Museum at Hickory Corners, Michigan. I'd recommend you make a visit and bring along your camera or smart phone.
Baring that, you are welcome to visit "Kingsford." He is always up for a photo shoot!
Although "he" has no creds (we drive Model A's and don't do the pedigree thing) Kingsford is a pretty decent example -- for a car with replacement wood. Right now he is in storage in DeKalb, IL. Even so, if you want to drive up I'd uncover him and let you crawl around and take pictures. The floor is chilly, but clean!
Here's a corner of another Henry winner. I hope you can see the elegant shape in my photo.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote