View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #12
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Screwed up accounts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by updraught View Post
Seems to me it would be a lot easier to manage if everyone is in that group.

I can't see a reason I would want to rate anyone's thread.
same, I dont plan to eat anything from here or watch a 2 hour movie... now if the star system could be utilized as a seller rating in the for sale/wanted section that would be cool.

Think of usergroups as this:

You have your presidents and high up group that make the rules (Ryan)

then you drop down to normal citizens (majority of us) and have the benefits of being a citizen - post ads, post questions, respond to questions, rate things etc BUT we cant change the layout of the forum or kick people out.

then below that lets call them tourist - yes they are here and can ask questions but dont have the full rights that a citizen does - this is the new special group where some privileges have been taken away.

then below that you have the group of people that arent in your "country"(forum) but read about it (non forum members) and cant post any questions.

Usergroups are a way to corral people - not just in a bad way as every cooperation most of its day to day people have very little that they can change on company computers. Sure they can go on the internet, write papers, create and edit spreadsheets but they cant change things like antivirus, install potentially bad programs, or muck about in the settings too much. The IT department has full access to everything as they know what their doing (hopefully).