View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #75
Old Henry

Default Re: Alaska attempt daily report

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiewagon46 View Post
Henry, 725 miles in 13 hours, man you are giving that little flathead a workout. Slow down and take it all in! Sorry to see your mishap but these are the things one encounters on road trips. Did you know that Ford offered "Automatic Rear Door Safety Locks" in '46 for exactly this problem. Glad to see that it didn't stop your trip. We had planned on doing some camping on our cross-country trip until a Tarantula as big as my hand crawled out from under our car. One of the other guests saw it and said "it's the snakes and scorpions you need to worry about". Well that ended any camping thoughts we had.
I just realized that my Google Maps on my computer with which I calculated the mileage had switched automatically to kilometers instead of miles. So, Friday I only drove 352 miles plus the extra 134 out of the way. So, total of 486 rather than the 725 I'd said. Just one more SHE problem that looks like are going to plague my life on the road as they do off the road.