View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 12:17 AM   #3
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
i am jealous, and confused, didnt you say a 4bt, and later mocked up a 6at? i read it twice. at any rate, love them cummins. i am on my 4th 6bt, currently driving an 89 (first year) dodge. as most folks say, i didnt buy a dodge, i bought a cummins. i dream of replacing my favorite truck i ever owned, a 63 1 ton ford with a 16' roll deck, with the same truck and a 6bt cummins . drove that ford coast to coast hunting junk for 18 years and knew it was bad planning when i watched it drive out the drive way. keep us posted, i for one will be watching
6at . I think the 4bt is a 6bt with two less cylinders. This oddball cummins was first used in onan generators and was later offered as an automotive version and sold to fleet truck operators. Most of the ones I know of came out of UPS trucks. They are indirect injected and develop their hp at 3600 rpms, so gearing and speeds similar to our flatheads and other gas engines.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote