View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #63
fiver

Default Re: Leaners...You guys hate leaners...?

I don't take my cars to shows because of the constant groping that's going on when I turn my back. Do people desperately need to experience the feel of a painted metal surface? It's smooth - what would you expect! If I were to go to more shows I'd have a piece of metal painted the same colour as the car with "Paw away!" written on it. I bet no one would touch it

I'm not one to favour fenderless cars but I do see the point when there's no fenders nor running boards that kids could run on. I don't step on any of my '34s running boards so why should other people.

To add insult to injury I'm one of those sorry people who spend $5000+ on paint so finding a kid standing on the front fender of a freshly painted car isn't a pleasing sight to say the least. The sorriest explanation for jumping on running boards is that "the car's already ruined where's the harm!" This was by the kid's father and he was talking about my '34 Fordor which at that point had a 1980s paint on it but was more or less ok.
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote