View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:50 AM   #70
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
That's an easy one JC. One car (PC) is a highway car and has to handle well under all conditions. The HP car(s) were high powered straight line cars from the factory. Their shocks were designed to control axle hop/spring wrap from hard acceleration.
Hey Mr. K,
Back in the late 60s, I had a 1959 Studebaker Hawk with a 402 CID Packard Engine that my next door neighbor had had in a G-Gasser that he had crashed. He traded the Packard Engine, Transmission, and Rear End with me for the Engine, Transmission, and Rear End out of the Hawk to put into a 1953 Studebaker Coupe. In order to control Axle Hop/Spring Wrap, "Traction Masters" (remember them?) were installed. The Rear End out of the G-Gasser had four Shock Absorbers, and with the addition of the Traction Masters, it had absolutely no issues during hard acceleration
Quote:
I had a 64 GALAXY 500 390/4S when I left for the ARMY. I also had one beautiful girlfriend to make it appear even better. Guess that may be a reason I am so interested in yours.
Am afraid that Ms. American doesn't come equipped with a "beautiful girlfriend", but I might be able to add a GORGEOUS Feline!
Quote:
As for the KNOCKERS now, all I can do is smile and when she turns to go get a little misty ...
But you can still appreciate an attractive lady, especially one bringing something to eat!

Anyway, time to feed the Felines. Am working on Lorrie Van Haul's Sheet Metal Center Section's Draw Latches. Got one installed yesterday. It was quite a process. The second one will be done today. Should go a lot faster since all the stuff necessary to do the Caper has been found, and how to do it has been learned.

Take care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote