View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #64
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
FORD was just coming through with ALT at that point. Only high-end and emergency got them. being a P-CODE, it should have the ALT unless some other option was ordered in the particular POLICE PACKAGE.
Hey Mr. K,
While Ms. American DOES have an Alternator, she is otherwise a PERFECTLY PURE vehicle. No foof of any kind.

AND, as mentioned previously, the components from the Pilot Bearing in the Flywheel, to the Rear U-Joint, are the only UN-RESTORED parts of Ms. American. EVERYTHING ELSE has been properly massaged to the point of being BETTER than ORIGINAL!

That is not counting the Seats&Headliner. The Seats need to be completely redone. And there is a NEW Headliner here on the Shelf awaiting installation.

The Rear Seats are in storage.

Also, there is a NEW Starter, a NEW Electronic Distributor, and a bunch of NEW Parts such as Bushing, Seals, Gasket Sets, and etc., that are safely stored, along with ALL the ORIGINAL stuff (Mustard Top Ignition Coil and Brackets, Rebuilt Alternator, PI Cam, and etc.)

This other NEW stuffs were acquired because they were going to be needed to replace OTHER stuffs that at the time appeared to need replacing. But then what they were meant to replace straightened up with some "proper" attention, at which time the NEW stuff became just EXTRA stuff.

Quote:
Maybe an idea, as that car is extremely uncommon/rare, as it has GALAXIE TRIM and is a 4DR HDPT WITH a POLICE PACKAGE. As much as we would miss you, it would be a shame for the car to be scrapped. Maybe leave a descriptive letter over the sun-visor or in the glove box so that possibly someone will notice it?
Actually, am suspecting that I won't be able to get a Driver's License when this one expires on my birthday in 2023. At THAT time I will HAVE to do something to make sure that Ms. American and Lorrie Van Haul are provided for.

It has been my experience that everything happens JIT (Just In Time). I have no reason to expect it NOT to happen in this instance also. We'll see.
Quote:
No disrespect intended ... I truly hope your health stays good.
Am on track to being IMMORTAL.

Besides, there are OTHER factors involved. And with "no disrespect intended" either, am going to have to quote JBS Haldane: "Not only is existence stranger than we think, it is stranger than we CAN think." I have reason to suspect that there is a whole OTHER situation afoot, which will only be revealed at the time it will be revealed.
Quote:
What does HE say? Thou Shall Not Covet Another Man's Wife and/or car.
"I'm not convinced that there is an 'Almighty Father God'. I suspect there is NOT. I'm not certain that there is a Cosmic Universal Mind, but I suspect there IS. And to call the Cosmic Universal Mind a "god" is demeaning. So with no one watching over me, I'm thus free to be, within the boundless, unlimited vastness of the 'Realm of Existence.' " (M.E.Lenns)

Mr. K, what is your age?

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote