View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:05 AM   #52
Mart

Default Re: Help Me -before I go mad

Ok I'll give my opinion.

If you consider the ht side of the ignition as "weak", in other words, the spark will try and go astray before getting to the plug, try and reduce resistance where possible.

Solid core wires, solid connections to the plugs, (no resistor caps) and spark plug gaps no more than .025".

This will give the spark the best chance of ending at the plug tip instead of finding an easier path somewhere else.

If the cap, or rotor have been compromised and have been giving problems, they will probably keep doing it.

New cap, new rotor, leads and connections to plugs like I describe and all should be good.

If it is the ht side that is giving problems. If it is points, condensor or coil I can't say, but believe me, the ht side is often overlooked and I had lots of problems all around the ht side. (ht = high tension).

I had lucas, helmet and crab all with these problems. solid leads, no resistance caps and tight plug gaps sorted it out. But it had to be backed up by replacing the compromised rotors and caps.

Mart.

Last edited by Mart; 05-30-2020 at 03:59 AM.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote