View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #11
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Mikesspeedshop NC-Shock Rebuilder BEWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
As with many things in life, you are sometimes better off if you do the job yourself.

Those that don't send stuff back are just thieves.

Please allow me to offer a perspective from the other side of the fence for you to at least think about.

Amongst other things, I am in the gas tank repair business. People send me gas tanks wanting them to be restored. We receive them, unpackage and begin the process. To get to the point where we can do the first internal inspection puts us at about 2 hours of labor plus expendables into the process. Probably 1 out of 10 tanks that we receive are not worth restoring due to too much internal rust or someone has used an acid that was not neutralized that has eaten the metal away. At that point the customer is contacted with the news. Would anyone care to guess how often the tank owner says "Let me see if I can find another one." yet we never hear from them again? At that point, guess who does not get paid for their efforts??

Case more specifically, is someone that posted on that other thread did that very thing to me and chose to buy a tank elsewhere that supposedly did not need to be restored. Then about 6 months elapsed without any more communication nor an offer to pay their bill however then decided they wanted their tank back. This person became upset when I explained their tank was scrapped. He felt his rusted-out tank was worth $150 as-is, so I can show where I finally PayPal-ed this person the amount that he asked for just to make him happy. No offer to pay his bill for what we had done, ...and to beat it all, he ordered a 28/29 radiator from me, and when Brassworks had it ready to ship to him, he would not answer his e-mails nor pay for his radiator order.

While I am not condoning nor defending this shock absorber rebuilder's actions, please understand that us vendors too have been unfairly stiffed by more than a few Fordbarn members. How many hobbyists do you think have ordered parts incorrectly and returned them for a full refund after threatening negative feedback? How many have ordered items such as a wood kit to use as a template and then returned them to a vendor?? There used to be a saying that 'The Customer is always Right!' however expectations and entitlement-mentality has changed that mindset immensely. Adding to that, rarely do you see a post here about vendors who met or exceeded the customer's expectations however when a customer does not have his expectations met, they turn to social media to cast a cloud over the vendors credibility as a form of retaliation.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote