View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
Grier

Default Re: Buying an out of state car on the internet

I did exactly what abachman3 suggested. Kept looking on eBay too, but ultimately found a beautiful 1929 Phaeton. Emailed and received further pictures etc and decided the car looked good enough to arrange a flight from North Carolina to Washington State. It helped that I could combine this trip with a visit with my wife to her sister and husband. But I would have traveled anywhere. I would never recommend buying a restored car without making a personal assessment (or any other car too). The hard part was deciding how to get it home. I did extensive research and decided to go with Passport Transport. They own their own fleet and do not sub out any cars to other "unknown" carriers. They love antique and special interest cars. It did take about 5 weeks for them to get a truck booked that would trek from WA to NC, but I didn't mind (so much). Car came just as I saw it, no issues, no problems. They weren't the cheapest, but I wasn't going to low ball and suffer the consequences. Best to pay a reputable company than be sorry. Cost about $2500 so you know. Good luck, and you won't be sorry to take the extra time and expense to do it right.
Grier is offline   Reply With Quote