View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #8
History

Default Re: 600w leaking out of steering box

( 2 tooth steering box here). I got the tube and also ordered a gasket set, not understanding a gasket came with the tube.

I took the light switch parts off, removed the spider c-clip, spider, spring. I then Removed the old end plate and old gasket and couldn't get the tube to slide up in the steering box. When I placed the order I spoke with someone at Snyders who told me that sometimes the tube won't go in, I can't remember what parts would be different, just that it doesn't always go in. Turns out there was a washer inside on the horn rod, I took that out and it slid right in.

The old plate had a rubber washer at the end that the rod went through and the spider spring sat against. I placed the new rubber gasket/washer in the same spot, between the spring and the end plate tube. Was this a mistake???? I put the 600w back in as I already had it.

Everything seemed to work and the leak seemed to be stopped until a few hours later, I noticed it is now leaking where the top outside nut that holds the pitman arm housing on. It seems to have a wedge or something else along those lines under the nut in its assembly . Is there a washer or gasket behind that nut? Will I take anything out of adjustment by removing it????

I hope I've described this where it can be understood. I'd appreciate any help or advice.

One more thing,,, new wiring harness and horn sounds so much better. Old harness was tattered and a fire hazard, pieced together here and there. Fire waiting to happen.
History is offline   Reply With Quote