Thread: Drake Sale:
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #28
Kube

Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Tom,

I find it fascinating that some seem to think that once a seller offers a product they are obliged to continue to offer that product in perpetuity and if they don't, they're "unethical". If you extend that thinking to its logical conclusion, it is evidently wrong that Ford no longer offers a full line of service parts for all of the cars and trucks that it has ever built going back to 1903.

Okay, the sellers should delete items from their catalogs when it is no longer offered and there are no plans to offer it again, but no where is it written that they have an obligation to go on offering everything that someone in the hobby needs.

Similarly, does anyone seriously think that holding inventory clearance sales is unethical, especially when they clearly state "while supplies last"? How about the annual inventory clearance sales by all of the modern car companies every summer clearing out the last of the current year's models? Are they unethical? I don't think so. They're just a normal part of the normal terms of doing business to generate at least enough income to sustain the business.
Dave, I don't believe I or anyone else should be able to dictate how a person runs his business. Those are choices made by the person running said business.