View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #74
Broman

Default Re: As a long time HAMBer, I find this new FordBarn.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post
i find it strange that all you hamb guys want to come abored the ford barn..you certainly didnt when it was the old barn,so how come guys????trev

Not to pick on this question or anything - I can totally understand that the long time "Barners" must feel like us HAMBers are kind of party crashing. After all you've been here a long while - we haven't - and we all kind of came over all at once with a distinct advantage (already knowing the interface).

Here is the bottom line. We all love cars. Specifically Fords. We either own one or just love them in general.

At the HAMB you will see a question about a 1966 Buick Riviera Kustom right next to a post about a 1932 Ford roadster set up for the dry lakes. I am not calling that a drawback at all - that's the kind of thing that makes the HAMB fun.

On the other hand coming over here - with this fomat of having the years broken out and the focus being Fords. What's not to love about that? How could any traditional hot rod lover NOT want in on that? Let's face it, hot rodding was built on the backs of the early Fords. So the attraction is as pure and natural as a the rising of your pulse when you see a truly beautiful woman.

And if I might add. Ryan built the HAMB under protest. He didn't want a Hokey Ass Message Board in the first place....but WE wanted it. And so it was born. Over time the main HAMB users have developed a bond and a very family like suppoprt system. We have supported Ryan in many other ways and this is just one more.

You can bet that if Ryan came to the HAMB tomorrow and announced that he was kicking off a toy poodle message board - HAMBers would show up without being asked to do so. That's just how we roll. That support doesn't come blindly by any means. It's been earned. Ryan has a way of seeing the big picture. He can take something that someone else can't seem to get right and he will make it right. He has vision and passion. Bottom line we've just learned to trust him - even if we can't see the forest through the trees, because we know he's holding the proverbial compass.

~Bro