View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #20
M2M

Default Re: Interesting GAZ B engine "barn find" in Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
Is there a supply of GAZ/Ford B engines? Or is the supply very limited? I'd like to get (With manuals in English) a Russian B engine if the costs are not too high. Your right, it would be cool!
Terry
Finding a NOS GAZ B block is near impossible nowadays. Used engines are around but when you add shipping, import duties and other costs and fees the total price would likely be around $1000...at that price it's not worth it IMHO.

What makes more sense is buying a complete car in the right condition and shipping it in a 20' or 40' container to the USA. I have some good contacts in Russia who could possibly help in finding one if anyone is interested.

There is one of these in Australia and I personally know the owner and the car, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7E2GioDZBo

It has an amazing history, all documented. It was captured by Australian forces in a deadly ambush during the Korean War. It was then used by the Australians (photo exists of the jeep in Korea during the war). When the war ended it ended up back in Australia. The Defence Department sold it to farmer in the 1950s. A well known military vehicle collector found and restored it the 1980s with a visit the USSR to buy parts. Last I heard the car was for sale but because of the unique history of the vehicle the asking price was not a small amount of money.

Last edited by M2M; 01-16-2018 at 11:04 AM.
M2M is offline   Reply With Quote