View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
mrmoose

Default Re: back in the saddle

I do not know how to respond to your individual messages...looks as if each answer shows up at the bottom of the post. Dang, I feel like a newbie again. So I guess I'll respond to all with one post.
Ken, hope you're well. Any progress on Georgia move?
Rick, thanks for the compliment...we're both blessed to own '34s, and I'm sure yours will look at least as good as mine at some point.
Bill, I looked at the picks of your '53 and it looks pretty danged good to me!...gorgeous truck.
Alan, if you ever saw mrs moose's eyes when she gets angry, you'd think Louise Fletcher was a kindergarten teacher! By the way, she named herself for that particular operation, just like she's named all our vehicles...and the names stuck!
Vic, we really do need to get together soon. For various reasons life has been sorta tough around here for awhile and getting together with good friends goes a whole long way in fixing that.
John, I place the empties gently back in the box after I swizzles them so as to make room for the next one. Also as I stumble around in the garage I don't wanna trip over empties and end up thumping my noggin.
Hey Mike, just repainted engine in the same color (Macs green) and I think it came out looking good. When it was built (3 years ago) they painted it with my paint but a little thin...they also had trouble with the r&r and spilled stuff on it...builder did a great job but the shop he works for and in particular the fellow who did most of the r&r were a little .....to put it gently, lacking in skills...I was lucky to get it back in one piece.
Bill, hello to you and Lee both!....How are those knees doin? I wanting to sock some $$ aside for shock therapy, but having little success so far. Maybe I should call Nurse Ratchett for help?
Mart, thanks, and you're right, doing the job with folks you love is the best reward!
Ken, thanks, I'm glad I finally remembered how to post. And by the way, I would love to see pix of all your iron together sometime...some of the very nicest stuff I've seen. Also, we acquired a (rescued) manx recently (tailless cat), who walks just like a dog, and is proving to be a good buddy.
1937Pickup, the engine install actually went very smoothly, and I was much more concerned with getting the tranny/universal/driveshaft just right than I was with the engine/tranny linkup which looked straightforward and was. If I were doing it again I'd do it the same way, although others may have different opinions. Also, I did the tranny install myself without any help and really wanted to spend time seeing just how everything linked up....a good learning experience.
Pat, welcome to sunny Florida then, and by all means we'll need to hook up. Where in Lakeland did you end up?
mrmoose is offline   Reply With Quote