View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 08:16 AM   #356
denniskliesen

Default Re: The Terry Burtz 5 main bearing engine blocks are back on track.

Pete, I had 40+ psi @2200 rpm warm oil. About 35 psi at 1500 rpm warm oil. With the Scat Volkswagen adjustable external valve I have 20+ psi from idle increasing to cruising speed 60+ mph. At a slow idle the pressure with warm oil is about 10 psi. There are 2 different plungers and 2 springs that are included with the adjustable valve package. I think it works much better with the plunger than a ball bearing on the seat as some have tried using. The pressure setting is consistent with a plunger. You might have to find a different spring than what is included to achieve the desired pressure setting. The adjustment screw only has about 1/4” of adjustment. The nut on the adjustment screw to lock the screw leaks unless a modification is made to incorporate the use of an oring. It’s a matter of trying different springs to get that desired pressure requiring a lot of time and patience. It’s not a perfect solution but I was able to accomplish what I wanted without dropping the pan and fiddling with the relief in the pump. Make sure you have the green spring in the Stipe pump if you are trying to get a lower relief setting. The primary reason for lower pressure was to reduce the amount of strain on the pump drive gear and the camshaft gear.

Last edited by denniskliesen; 06-14-2021 at 08:27 AM.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote