View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #10
KULTULZ

Post Re: Y block fuel filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordor41 View Post

'60 pass. car.

Fuel pump has a canister filter housing screwed on the bottom with , I assume a filter element inside. maybe it is a canister filter. just noticed it yesterday and was hesitant to remove it without knowing if a replacement is available.

I have a large in-line filter installed before the carb so I suppose I could leave the pump filter off, if it was just a filter element inside the canister, if it was no good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Jim View Post

There is a filter element in the screw on cannister. they are available at most parts stores, some may have to order it.
And also as mentioned, a photo of the inline filter would help. It is hard to say how the car was serviced since assembly. If there is a screw-on canister on the fuel pump (and who knows what the pump came off of), the replacement filter element is FG-1 which is still available NOS. The MOTORCRAFT short number will allow you to changeover to an aftermarket element more easily.

FYI- The FG-33 was a complete changeover kit used when FORD began changing from the canister style filter to the inline style. It should also take the FG-1 element if that is what is on the car. The kit mounted on the frame rail adjacent to the pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FUEL FILTER - C2AZ 9155-A (FG-33) _1.jpg (47.1 KB, 9 views)

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote