View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 01:14 PM   #11
37 Coupe

Default Re: Made in China transmission bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpson View Post
Well said, the Chinese are some of the hardest working most resourceful people you will find anywhere (they built much of the US railroad infrastructure 150 years ago that's still in use today). They will build to your specifications and quality requirements. Don't necessarily blame them for the poor quality parts sold here today.
Well it is a good thing that the Chinese were just installing the railroads and not making or tempering the steel.I will never stand up or shout out praising the Chinese manufacturing all I want to do is find good bearings and it loks like Bert's in Colorado aggrees with me. I saw first hand for years what side by side parts held up and the ones that didn't and it was always the one marked China.A lot of there parts only has to lok like the original and that is all,you see this mostly in hardware items like plumbing supplies,valves gauges etc. I just recently saw a parts cleaning brush at NAPA and decided that I should probably replace the one in my parts cleaning tank I have used off and on for over 30 years as the bristles were worn pretty short. When I first used it a couple weeks ago with some kerosene to clean with all the bristles came out at first I wondered what was in my tank.I asked the clerk about any problems with these and it was the same "your the first complaint" response that you always get. He asked me what kind of cleaner I was using and tried to blame that,although it was called a solvent cleaning brush,Made in China.It looked good but didn't work so good.