View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 01:34 AM   #7
JimNNN

Default Re: Overdrive cable sheath to tranny clip

Hey zoegrant, FYI: I don't know if you've replaced or removed the original clip yet, but for me, the clip and mounting bolt were much easier to access (in my '54 with the Borg Warner) with the overdrive solenoid removed. If the O/D unit is already out of the car, then of course no problem.

In addition, if you're ALSO replacing the original O/D control cable with a new one, remember that the clamp/clip you're talking about will attach at the fitting that's crimped on to the o/d end of the control cable. This means that wire length inside the sheath (which is longer than the sheath) will have to be the right length for this location in order to reach the lockout lever/arm. I mention this because the kit my replacement control cable came in specified that I cut the sheath and wire to certain lengths for my application, but when I did this it didn't match the original set up. No big deal cuz I used an alternate method of attaching the cable, but though I'd mention it. Hope this makes sense.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote