View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #10
CarlG

Default Re: Electronic Flasher

First off - I'm running 12 volts with an alternator.

Having said that, I've gone thru several ways to confront the issue at hand.

1) When I first bought my pickup, I installed a Signal Stat turn signal kit I got from Sacramento Vintage, along with a RH tail light and cowl lights with turn signals incorporated therein. The flasher that came with the kit worked just fine in that everything was incandescent.

2) Later on I bought and installed the LED rear tail/stop lenses made by United Pacific (from Mike's). The flasher still worked OK, since the fronts were still incandescent.

3) I then tried an Electronic flasher, (can't remember who made it) that worked just fine until I started the engine, then it went haywire. Took it out and put the original flasher that came with the Signal Stat kit. So now everything is back to "normal".

4) I recently converted my cowl/turn lights to LED, and now the original flasher wouldn't work. So I bought the flasher unit -- the same one as jrelliot recommended above, and everything works as it should. Only down side is that this flasher is "silent", so if I want the familiar "click", I'll have to devise something to do that. I do have one of the little beepers that the vendors sell, but I'm not really fond of the sound it makes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote