View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 02:01 AM   #50
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Totaly "Restored" 1st Sport Coupe sold in San Francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post

And while some here will complain about how this vehicle was 'restored' unauthentically, I'm sure if we took a hard look at each other's vehicles, we'd see many deviations from 'factory-done' too, -so in all likelihood, the owner that was paying for this car's restoration chose it to be done the way he wanted it. .

Of course there will be deviations but do we advertise nothing spared restoration with original engine and transmission?

We make comments about this car not because of what is there but because what the seller says is there. The car is what it is but it is not by definition restored.

I just sold my Town Sedan. I did not say it was number matching (the numbers do match thanks to some stamps) It has original Houdaille shocks but I did not state that because, although they are on the car, they do not work and so on and so on.

This ad makes the reader believe it is restored and because they mentioned first one sold in SF one is led to believe the definition is to bring back to or put back into a former or original state. So I think it is fodder for criticism as such.

Nice car? YES. Fair price? Debatable in my opinion, too high for a totally restored car but the price is ok for a car restored to as I found it.