View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:03 PM   #15
dean from bozeman

Default Re: Bratton's & Covid-19

'We know the virus can live on some materials for 72 hours or more.
The question I guess you have to ask is Is the person who packed your package virus free (could be asymptomatic but still infectious ) ? How many people are going to handle your package on its journey from Brattons to your front door? Are they virus free ? Did they wear gloves ? Did the truck that drove your order transfer the virus further a field ? etc etc Is playing in garage worth taking the risk ? . I guess its a personal choice. Lets face it we take a risk driving our old cars in modern traffic -We assess that and accept it . What is your virus risk? - probably low but certainly not zero.' Karl

My thought is that by the time the package gets here any virus inside the package is "dead" (even though viruses technically aren't living). I go to our mailbox daily with gloves and a plastic bag to collect the mail. I then bring it to the house (garage) and let it sit for three to five days so any virus on the exterior of the package is not viable. If I want to open it earlier, I can use disinfecting wipes.

I will gladly wait 3 to 5 days to get to use parts from Brattons or Bert's.

Hey Updraught, that is an awesome song. We should all learn it!
https://youtu.be/MMBh-eo3tvE

Last edited by dean from bozeman; 04-04-2020 at 10:18 PM.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote