View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:05 AM   #11
TJ

Default Re: 32 Pa. LicenPlates now legal on my 32 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
Mike, Don't know if you're aware or not but in Wa State there is a new bill proposed on collector cars. It is house bill #2373. For all Wa St collector cars previously registered under collector vehicles or restored original plates as a permanent one time fee will now be required to re-register every 5 years, including those who already bought and paid for permanent collector and original plates. To me this is at best disengenous as those, like my Father in good faith followed the law and paid for these with the understanding that was the law. Now, our legislators are attempting to change the law. There is no "Grandfather" clause as written for those who have already purchased permanent plates. You can easily research the language of the proposed bill by researching HB #2373. I voiced my opinion to my Legislator. The language as I recall is new provision #7. I encourage you to read this. It may be too late.
If somebody had the money to take them to court they might win based on the fact the Constitution forbids ex post facto laws.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote