View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
GOSFAST

Default Few Tips While Machining the 8BA Blocks

I just want to put a tip or two here about these blocks, first one, while having or doing the machining on these castings I would recommend having the "missing" 5 holes drilled for the intake bolts!

After the intake is mounted it looks much "cleaner" having bolts in ALL the holes!

Second, have the 4 front exh manifold holes stepped down for a 3/8-16 fastener, both these tips are NOT for the 100% stock-appearing guys, but more for the "hot-rodders" so to speak!

What I'm working on at this time is putting together a fairly complete set of ARP Stainless fasteners which will include: oil pan, intake, timing cover, water pumps (external fasteners only), thermostat hsgs, and exhaust manifolds, all will have either 6 (most likely) or 12 point heads and can be used with a 1/4" socket set, and will have 5/16" or 3/8" heads!

This should make an entire ass'y somewhat easy, and look really "neat", as far as the fasteners are concerned??

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. I won't have any pricing for a couple weeks, waiting on ARP to make contact! Later tonight I'll have an itemized list with the sizes and the amount needed! Here's a couple shots for now! Photo added with close-up of water pump bolts.

Last edited by GOSFAST; 01-30-2020 at 01:14 PM. Reason: C-Add Photo
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote