Thread: Front Tool Box
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #6
Werner

Default Re: Front Tool Box

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hallo at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowes View Post
Werner, There are two versions of the tool box if you are talking about the one that fits between the frame horns on the front of the car. One is square like the picture posted. The other is shaped to follow the downward curve of the frame horns. The second one looks like it belongs to the car. Jack
Yes Jack, just like the picture of Mr. Blockhead, that's the round box shape that I want for my car's year of construction 1928.

Quote:
As I posted in the other thread, here is a picture of the one on my Town Sedan. As far as I know, Mike's A-Ford-Able is the only vender that sold them and they are not listed in their catalog anymore. A few months ago they were offering the lid on (no tool box) so I can only assume they were selling off any remaining parts.
Quote:
I was going to buy an extra lid but as usual I blinked and they were gone...
I also asked Mike's company. There is no longer to buy this type of oval box.

The fact that there was a lid individually makes it easy to replicate. But even the lid is no longer available as a single item. To make this myself, I think it is very difficult to make the longitudinal embossing hardly feasible with sheet and hammer.

Quote:
Maybe if enough interest they will start selling them again.

It would be nice if someone opens here a request topic to ask who is interested. Then it turns out how many people would want this nice box.

Ford Model A, Roadster, 1928
Citroen 11 CV, 1947
Hercules W 2000, 1976; (with NSU-Wankel Rotary Engine), Canadian version
Werner is offline   Reply With Quote