View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Mac's quality control

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCO41 View Post
I'm disappointed with Barners who feel mediocracy has become part of our culture. I refuse to sign up. The way I see it, our suppliers are willing to except some of this junk. If the suppliers would get together, as a group, and approach the manufacturers with these quality issues, and put them on notice that they will find a manufacturer who can meet theirs and our standards we might improve the quality. Lets not kid ourselves, with few exceptions, most of these parts are manufactured in the far east. I doubt there is more than one making a part that all the retailers are selling. As an example, I bought a reproduction gas tank for my '50 from MACS. When I unwrapped it I found "Bob Drake" impressed into the sheet metal! I just ordered engine paint from C & G. The back of the can had MACS name on it. If the retailers don't follow up our complaints with the manufacturers then there will be no improvment! Quality doesn't cost, it pays!
HCO41...You better get ready for about 50 replies to your statement from the ones proclaiming just how "lucky" we ALL should be that someone has blessed us with any repro JUNK at all for these old cars. Sad situation all around! Where's KUBE when ya need him? Oh yeah, up in post #2. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote