View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
deuce_roadster

Default Re: Has anyone heard of the 1940 Ford Coupe with less than 3000 original miles in MN?

I was at the ill fated National Meet at Brainard MN, and after the big storm, there was a black 40 coupe on a trailer the owner claimed had just over 3k miles on it that either a small tree or very large branch came down across the hood and damaged it. Due to the chaos, I didn't have time to inspect the car to see if it really looked like a car with that low of miles or not. Maybe Kube has judged it at other meets.
I drove 3 days 1 way to the meet, and 10 minutes after I got to my room the storm hit. It was in the afternoon the next day before crews could cut the 100 or so trees out of the road into the resort so we could get out and come home. Something like 40 cars were damaged including a Merc from a Seattle club member. I have pictures of 3' diameter oak trees snapped off at the ground. I spent less then 24 hours there before I started my 3 day drive back home. Felt very sorry for the club hosting the event.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)