View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #27
Synchro909

Default Re: i need some help. What regulator/pump for stock carb with underbody fuel cell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike657894 View Post
Approximately one in eight fires responded to by fire departments across the
nation is a highway vehicle fire. This does not include the tens of thousands of
fire department responses to highway vehicle accident sites.
ĵ
Unintentional action (38 percent) was the leading cause of highway vehicle fires.
ĵ
Eighty-three percent of highway vehicle fires occurred in passenger vehicles.
ĵ
Sixty-two percent of highway vehicle fires and 36 percent of fatal highway vehicle
fires originated in the engine, running gear or wheel area of the vehicle.
ĵ
Mechanical failure was the leading factor contributing to the ignition of highway
vehicle fires (45 percent).
ĵ
Insulation around electrical wiring (29 percent) and flammable liquids in the engine
area (18 percent) were the most common items first ignited in highway vehicle fires.
ĵ
Sixty percent of fatal vehicle fires were the result of a collision.
Each year, from 2014 to 2016, an estimated 171,500 highway vehicle fires occurred in the United States, resulting
in an annual average of 345 deaths; 1,300 injuries; and $1.1 billion in property loss.
These highway vehicle fires
accounted for 13 percent of fires responded to by fire departments across the nation.
The term “highway vehicle
fires” includes fires in passenger road vehicles (e.g., cars, motorcycles and off-road recreational vehicles), freight road
transport vehicles (e.g., dump trucks, fire apparatus and tank trucks), and agricultural and construction vehicles. https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/...tics/v19i2.pdf
I was in the US a few months ago and I couldn't believe the number of times I saw a burnt patch of road where a vehicle had gone up. It's something very rare here - better vehicles, maybe?