Thread: MAFCA renewal
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #7
daveymc29

Default Re: MAFCA renewal

I wrote a little book and published it. Selling for $18.00+ on Amazon and I will be over 100 years old before I break even. Creating a magazine is costly and I'm sure our subscriptions alone would not have MAFCA able to support the Restorer for very long. They sell advertising to help with expenses. Still it is probably a loser financially for the club of just breaks even. This is a quality publication and is professionally done, though by volunteers. I buy membership in Mark as well to get their magazine also as well as subscribing to the Model A Times and a couple of the other old car and classic car publications. This forum is free and I understand that I am more fortunate than some financially but I do enjoy the reading of these publications so it it part of the cost of the hobby for me. This forum is definitely a bargain. The suggestion to start a chapter is a good one and many of the members you sign up will be ever so grateful you made the effort. Just meet formally once a month in someones home or garage until it gets off the ground. Have someone make a newsletter that you can send to all the members and exchange with other clubs. These generally just cost time now that they can be sent out as attachments to email. Has saved our local club from insolvency as mailing is costly also. Beg; borrow or steal a roster of mafca members and call the ones in your area and see if they have entertained thoughts of a local club. You may be surprised at the response. Let us know how it goes.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote