View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #9
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: My tow bar bracket setup on bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
Mitch, I'm leaning to the tow dolly. After what I experienced in my little driveway test, I don't have confidence in the tow bar setup. I might leave the bar on for a while till I develop more confidence in the cars reliability. But I think the dolly will end up being what I get. I dout I will use it very much, but as you said, they can be had for not too much.

A trailer is not what I want, even though you can get a decent one for a reasonable amount. There are then issues of storage both at home as well as when you use it on a tour. A dolly is much more compact and I understand in most states, they don't require their own license plate.

Our towing experience was with our motorhome when we were full timing and use the tow bar to pull our Mazda. Never a problem and it always tracked just fine and lots of motohome folks use them, so I thought that was the best way to go until my test. Dolly's are next in popularlity with motorhoming, but less convenient than a tow bar.
My main concern is most cars have a rigid frame or unitized structure that the bumpers attach to.. The A's are very weak. Just a shot to the bumper will bend a horn on them.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote