Thread: remember when
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 05:25 PM   #8
Synchro909

Default Re: remember when

Our club runs a breakfast gathering each year but this year, the numbers were down a bit. I suspect it was because the day was expected to be very hot - close to 38°C (100°F) so the drive home would be uncomfortable (especially in our RHD cars).
When I reflect on the numbers at all of the regular events, they are certainly not going up and I can see the day arriving sooner than we realise where we will be considered polluting dinosaurs by the general public because our cars burn fossil fuels (and leak some of it onto the ground (where it came from).
I've come to realise that as much as I don't like it, we are now of an age where we are past our "use by" date and younger people with different interests have the numbers.
Growing old is a bitch but I want to do as much of it as I can. BTW, I don't even look at fleabay these days and wouldn't list a car there either. I haven't dealt with many worse companies.