View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 10:49 PM   #20
Brian

Default Re: identify 59 Flathead V-8

Ziggy, With respect,your pictured 'C69A' block does not resemble any C69A block that I'm familiar with, ...are you sure it doesn't say 'C59A'?
The Americans on this site by and large, will have little familiarity with Canadian blox, whereas I, being in New Zealand, know little about American cast blocks, as our stuff was sourced from Canada

With the cast number in front of #5 cylinder, your pictured block, looks to me, to be identical to a 59A series...
Every C69A block I have encountered differs from yours by;

The C69A number is cast into the block in front of Number 1 cylinder,also on the bellhousing, not in front of #5 as in your pix

The bottom central coolant hole is circular, not trapezoidal as in your picture,

The top row of coolant holes above valves are elongated, not circular as in your depiction,

Never seen a factory relieved C69A

Other differences too, but those are the ones most evident....

I only 'play' with two types of block....21 studders, and C69A's. C69A's for when I'm building big bore engines, on account of their incredibly thick cylinder walls. probably had more than two dozen pass through my hands over the years, all have had the features I describe above. Yours, if indeed a C69A, is a first for me.
Regards, Brian

Last edited by Brian; 12-25-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote