View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
Paul Bjarnason

Default Re: Staying warm in winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens View Post
Remember if you make the alternator belt tight enough to put out 60 amps you will wear out the front bearing of the water pump. How many amps does the electric heater draw? I would use an era correct hot water heater and put the holes in the floorboard. Of course in Southern California I don't have a problem (by the way, where in general do you live?).

Charlie Stephens

Seems like 10 amps for two seats on the high setting. But, additional wear on the water pump bearing is a good point, Charlie. I live in the Washington DC area (Northern Virginia). Here's what WATERCARBON brand seats say: Water Carbon each seat includes two pads - One for the Seat Back and One for the Seat Bottom. Two Kits are included to Accommodate two seats. Each Heater Has Three Settings - High, Low and Off. Dual Temperature Control System. Electronic thermostat (built into each pad) regulates the electricity / temperature circulating within the carbon fiber seat heating pad. This system regulates the flow of power and maintains a narrower temperature range whether in a high or low setting. Example: The high setting will have a constant range between 120°F to 125°F. The low setting ranges between 110°F to 115°F. These respective temperatures are maintained at these respective levels. Backrest & Seat Bottom Heating Pads -- 11" x 17.5" Pads are approximately 1/32" thick. Either pad can be installed in back or bottom. Length can be trimmed to any size. Electrical Specs Wattage: 24-36 Watts per Pad, 48-60 Watts per seat Current Draw: 3 Amps on Low Heat Setting and 5 Amps on High Setting per Seat. It is a 12 V system. If you have always wanted to add factory like heated seats to your Vehicle or Boat, then this Heated Seat kit is the ideal kit and the ideal solution whether you own a car, SUV, Truck, Boat or Plane. Carbon Fiber technology is the best seat heating pad material in the marketplace. Installation may require removal and re-installation of seat and seat covers, as well as basic knowledge of the vehicle's wiring or professional installation.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Unive...YDYE2K9THTR18S
Paul Bjarnason is offline   Reply With Quote