View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
37 Coupe

Default Re: Bring a Trailer Auction results 1928 Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim/TX/GA View Post
No, on Bring-a-Trailer, the buyer pays +5%.

Not too bad.
At a local auction last August ,well actually it was Lloyd Young's estate auction,some of you may know his name as an installer for years of overdrives. At the auction I think at least three Model A's sold one a '29 roadster that was I think $26,000,but the reason I even went to the auction was the red '31 pickup. Lloyd did not restore the pickup but another local guy did and I was very interested in it.I didn't think it would go as high as it did,think it was close to $20,000 but the auctioneer added a 10% so I had to keep reminding myself of that and I dropped out of the bidding. I never understand a premium added especially when the auction is an onsite one not on auctioneers premises.I think sales tax was added also at 6 1/2% but may be wrong on that. A local old car club guy was standing next to me and told me he had looked at the pickup 10 years ago,same condition mayby less the overdrive but he regretfully thought the asking price of $8,500.00 was a bit too high. He was in shock.