View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #16
rodderbilly

Default Re: Flathead 8ba hesitate!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster View Post
If the screens are the problem, you need air cleaners with more flow capacity. I do know that many of the small dome/paper filter types most commonly used are completely inadequate, working as chokes, and I suspect that the good ones are probably marginal. With 2 cars over the ports, you have some room and might be able to adapt a pair of the smaller four barrel sort and be able to find name-brand paper filters with enough area.
Also, has car been driven in warm weather and run long enough to fully warm the engine? A distant possibility is the racing manifold with no heat crossover.
Hi Bruce..that's the first time i do this thing...i'm searching to set the internal advance on a Mallory dual point in my 8ba.....i use a allen head wrench...is 0,144 wide in the flats,,,looking on this page.......http://www.flatheadv8.org/rumblest/ignition.pdf
in this way i get 16 degrees of advance...what i ask to you is to see where i use the key to have that gap...i have do it right?i need to place the allen wrench in that side of the bent tab or in the other side?take a look on my pictures please.....

Last edited by rodderbilly; 01-16-2015 at 01:18 PM.
rodderbilly is offline   Reply With Quote