Thread: engine stand
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Walt Dupont--Me.

Default Re: engine stand

Thanks guys, the Sun batt charger come from an old Sun dist machine, the shop went out of busness in 61, it's a 6-12 volt charger. I've had it for over 50 yr's. I wish I had the dist machine. You guys are going to worry yourself to death about seating rings on a stand. All I did for 50 yr's was work in auto machine shops, I've buit 100's of engines fired up so many I cain't remember. I've never had one that the rings didn't seat. The idea is don't let a new engine slow idle. When you first start it if the oil pressure is good speed right up to 15-1800 and let it sing for 15-20 min. jazz the throttle every now and then, keep an eye on the temp. I've built many industral engines for cement trucks, welders, every staionary thing you can think of. How many of these engines do you think went down the road to seat the rings? People will build or get a new engine for a classic car, they fire it up before the car is finished, thay'll idle it down to see how slow it will run, a few days will go by and a friend comes to see the car, listen to my engine, you cain't even see the fan turn, this goes on for a year, buy the time they get to go for a ride the plug are all black as a boot and gas has washed down the pistons and rings. NOW THAT'S HARD ON AN ENGINE, DON'T LET A NEW ENGINE RUN SLOW. Merry Christmas. Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote