View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #13
dmsfrr

Default Re: '55 F100 new project, new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenV View Post
... In image (2) I have circled the location (left) of the vacuum port to which the old distributor was attached as well as the new location (right) to which I plan to attach the new distributor vacuum advance. Am I correctly understanding that the old location was ported vacuum? Does anyone foresee any problems with my intended new location? ...
The vacuum line for the original distributor is intended to be connected to the ported vacuum fitting on the carburetor. The distributor will not operate as designed if connected to full manifold vacuum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenV View Post
... The block is the EDB 6015E noted in the first post. It has been suggested that this dates to 1958. Based on the carb# mentioned in that first post, I think it hails to about 1964. ...
EDB-E engine block is '58 / early '59. Click on the link in comment #4.
If the block were newer it would have a B9AE ('59/'60), C1AE ('61) or C2AE ('62+) prefix.
The "C3TF" carburetor number would be a '63+ Truck designation.
The "C0AF" distributor prefix is for a standard non-model specific '60+ distributor.

Various parts on the engine are mixed from a few different years. This is not unusual given her uncertain past and the number of decades & previous owners since she was new.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dist vac line c.jpg (84.9 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by dmsfrr; 11-29-2019 at 02:39 PM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote