View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #13
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Marco's Roadster Colors

The color combo in post #8, the Bronson Yellow, looks good in that picture I like that too, but every Bronson Yellow Model A I ever saw seemed to be more of a brighter Canary yellow. Even the Bronson Yellow Roadster they used in a scene from Bonnie and Clyde (1967) when Clyde goes into the Bank that has already failed and takes the clerk out to the car to explain to Bonnie why there is no money in the Bank looks more 'yellowish' than Mr. Tahtaras' picture. I like the Washington Blue Roadster that they are in when they stop at the gas station and CW Moss gets the car running again. Dirt in the fuel line just 'blowed it away'.

Only problem with the Washington Blue is that 75% of '30-'31 Model A Roadsters got painted that color probably because it is so nice looking.

It's fun to see them in the other colors that didn't get used as much in current restorations. Too bad records of Model A production that would indicate how many were painted what color don't exist. That is what makes the 'Marti Report' on 60's Fords so cool, it is broken down into exact details and numbers of the cars.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote