Thread: Broken Venturi
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:10 AM   #12
fundytides

Default Re: Broken Venturi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
fundytides here is a nicely machined new venturi from Snyder's.

Under 5 bucks American money not sure what that is in Canadian dollars. But cheap.

Don't mess around you probably need a gasket set and maybe a few other items anyway. Good luck.

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/P.../gaskets-parts
Thanks Jeff. That's the plan. I periodically order several small parts and have them shipped to a mailing depot in Maine and then go pick them up. It's only an hour away and a nice Sunday drive. However because of the current border closure, I haven't been able to do that. The cost of the item is the not the issue, it's the shipping to Canada, plus the "brokerage fee" the carrier ads on to collect the border fees (taxes). I needed a shut off valve a short time ago and the carrier charged $10.00 to collect $7.00 in border fees. By the time you add in exchange on the money and shipping to Canada, actual cost of the item is more than doubled. I'm not really complaining, I'm glad to be able to get the parts I need, but if it's a non urgent item I will wait until I can travel again. Thanks for you interest and stay safe!
fundytides is offline   Reply With Quote