View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #11
big job

Default Re: Make a model T a little more safe

I guess no one watches the news. Every day there is a crash and yes these crashes have
air bags seat belts warning mirror lights, cameras, and yet three fatal's this week. Good one, a pickup truck landed on a house roof?? I have investigated 1000's of accidents in
my police term of duty. I have never written a citation for some senior lady with a stupid
bulb out, or someone 42mph in a 40 zone. (the kid cops love that cause they are green yet) Let break this down with odds. Your T won't crash in the garage, Your T won't crash in the drive way. So you come out of the driveway, the odds will now start. You know turn on any road as you look left and right nobody, as you go into high; guess what a rice burner 6'oclock high right on ya spare tire most likely with a phone stuck in
their head. (I say were in hell you come from) and I can see for 1/8 mile clear. Yea they
are way over the 40mph limit. Going back, truck on a house roof, citation issued because no way a truck can get launched up in the air doing 35 40 mph. Oh he's got
seatbelts on and all that safety crap that gives a license for the air force blue angels.
In my life of duty all accidents are cause by one is too close to another, and that one gets a citation. Typical example, like 'how its done'. Stop light red women was over
the line so she backs up talking on phone of course, My cruiser is third car, light turns
green so she stuffs it 'still in reverse' and T bones car in front of me! Oh yea what do I
do; Citation 'failing to use caution intersection' $50 bucks plus towing (you stupid)
These are things we went through day in day out. Bottom line a T or any vehicle is as safe as one steers it; vehicles do not crash the driver does. In closing stay away from
those tailgaters, stay away from vehicles in front. A new PeterBuilt with trailer grossing
130,000 lbs or so seat belts or not to close aint no way to stop ending in a crash too close equals accident. Seat belts are for air planes: Air bags are for Bus springs. And then driving schools the teachers are now kids from this century what's hand signals ???
End of Rant
big job is offline   Reply With Quote