View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #108
davids2toys

Default Re: 36 Ford drag link orientation question

Hi Mart,
You have got me scratching my head on this one. My Pit man arm is not what is hitting the oil pan, it is the drag link.Is that what you meant? It is already established that my steering to the left is not enough, if it was enough I would not be trying to fix it. It is not enough while it is HITTING the oil pan, if I was to give the drag link 1/8 clearance it would be even worse. I have a steep downhill driveway with a 180 deg turn in it and I can just barely make it now smashing into the oil pan hard.
If that pan is coming off it is not going back on, I will find the correct oil pan, pick up and pump to fix the situation. See post #29. This oil pan is shot anyway, between the deep gouge,the gaskets on the clean out,and oil pan to motor are leaking badly. Is it possible to heat and dent it without removing it? As far as removing and installing the pan, can it be done without removing the motor? It sure looks like a tough job. I am sure it would not be with the original 36 motor, but I do not know. This car is a whole different world for me.
Thank you
davids2toys is offline   Reply With Quote